If there are some typographical errors on any of your documents, you need to go to the local civil registry office in your city or municipality. If filing from another country, to the nearest Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

You may need to provide some supporting documents:

  1. Original NSO copy of the document that needs to be corrected

  2. Not less than two (2) private or public documents upon which the correction shall be based like baptismal certificate, voter’s ID, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, business record, driver’s license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants;

  3. Notice/Certificate of Posting. This is a notice to the public on the pending changes in the document and it will be posted on the bulletin boards of the city or municipality for a period of not less than ten (10) days

  4. Payment of P1,000.00 as filing fee . For petitions filed abroad a fee of $50.00 or equivalent value in local currency shall be collected;

  5. Other documents which may be required by the concerned civil registrar.