- Choose an Agent
- Pay Affidavit of Support (AOS) and Immigrant Visa (IV) Fees
If you are processing the petition without help from a lawyer, you can choose the petitioner as the agent. To choose your agent, complete the Form DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent. It takes about 15 days to process Form DS-261.
There are two (2) ways of paying these fees:
- Pay Online You need a US bank account to pay online. You will also need your NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number (IIN). These numbers can be found on the NVC Welcome letter sent to you.
- Pay by Mail Cashier’s check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State”. Personal checks are not accepted.
Mail check to:
NVC Fee Processing Center
P.O. Box 790136
St. Louis, MO 63179-0136
Online payment - 5 days processing
Mail - will get notification if NVC received the payment and can proceed to next step
- Complete the Form DS-260, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration. Make sure to print the confirmation page with barcode and bring it to the interview. You can print it anytime after you complete the form.
- The petitioner must complete and sign Form I-864, Affidavit of Support.
The petitioner must be able to support the applicant(s). Check the current Poverty Guidelines to know if your income meets the requirements.
If the petitioner’s income is not enough, you can have a joint sponsor. The joint sponsor needs to fill out the Form I-864 separately or Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member if joint sponsor is living in the same household as the petitioner.
Financial supporting documents to be submitted by the Petitioner:
- Income tax returns or tax transcripts for the past three (3) years
- W2s for the past three (3) years
- Evidence of income - employment letter, recent pay stubs, retirement benefits, etc.
- Proof of assets
- Documents to be submitted by the Beneficiary:
- Marriage certificate
- Beneficiary’s birth certificate
- Petitioner’s birth certificate
- Divorce decrees / annulment papers / death certificate, if any party is previously married
- Photocopy of passport biographic page of beneficiary
- Two (2) 2”x2” colored photograph with white background
- NBI Clearance
- Submit Documents to NVC by Mail
After collecting all Affidavit of support form(s), financial evidence and supporting documents. You must submit all these documents in one packet to NVC.
National Visa Center
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
30 days processing for NVC to review forms and documents.