1. Plan your wedding
  2. Two (2) weeks after your arrival, go to the SSA Office and Apply for SSN. You need to wait for at least two (2) weeks so your information on your arrival in the US is already encoded in the system.
  3. Get married. Yay! Congratulations!
  4. For the ladies, after you receive the marriage certificate, go back to the SSA Office with a copy of marriage certificate, your SSN and new SS-5 Form and update your SSN to your married name.

  5. Relax and enjoy your new environment…
  6. Start planning on applying for Adjustment of Status
  7. Report Your Marriage to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate. This is optional but is required to Filipino ladies who want to use their married name in their passports and other Philippine documents.