The US Citizen petitioner needs to prepare a packet of documents to send to USCIS for the petition of his/her foreign fiance(e). The packet should include the following forms and documents:

  1. Payment of Filing Fee, $535.00 in check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"   (SAMPLE CHECK)
  2. Cover Letter   (SAMPLE FORM HERE)
  3. Duly accomplished and signed Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancée
  4. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance This form is optional but highly recommended so you will receive SMS or e-mail updates on the petition.
  5. Proof of Citizenship (any one of the following):
    • Photocopy of Birth Certificate
    • Copy of ALL pages of US Passport
    • Copy of Naturalization Certificate
  6. If any of the parties was previously married, provide a copy of proof of termination of previous marriage(s):
    • Divorce decree(s)
    • Annulment document(s)
    • Death certificate(s)
  7. Petitioner’s Letter of Intent to Marry  (SAMPLE HERE)
  8. Beneficiary’s Letter of Intent to Marry  (SAMPLE HERE)
  9. One (1) 2x2 colored photo with white background of the petitioner. Write full name on the back.
  10. One (1) 2x2 colored photo with white background of the beneficiary. Write full name on the back.
    (Put both photos in a ziplock bag and attach the ziplock bag in a blank copy paper.)
  11. Proof of having met within the last two (2) years and proof of on-going relationship:
    • Pictures together (include caption of date, location, and names of persons in the pictures)
    • Plane tickets, boarding passes and hotel reservations on visits to the beneficiary’s foreign country or vacations taken together
    • Copy of e-mail/chat/call logs

Additional Notes in Filling Out Forms:

  • If there are any items in Forms I-129F or G-325A that needs extra space to complete, attach a continuation sheet, petitioner and beneficiary’s names at the top of each sheet of paper, indicate the Part and Item Number to which your answer refers, and date and sign each sheet.
    There had been instances where the petitioner only listed two (2) previous marriages because there are only two (2) boxes in the form when the petitioner actually had more than two previous marriages. After approval, when the beneficiary was already being interviewed in the US Embassy, the US Embassy learned about the other previous marriages. The US Embassy returned the case to USCIS because the other divorces should have been disclosed.

  • Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank or put "None" or "N/A".

Where to Send the Fiance(e) Visa Petition Packet:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266
For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

What to Expect After Submission of Petition

  1. Petitioner will receive a Notice of Action (NOA) letter from USCIS. It will state that the application has been received and it will indicate the Receipt Number for the petition case. This is usually called NOA1. NOA2 is the approval letter, when the petition has already been approved.

  2. The case status can be monitored using the Receipt Number on the USCIS Website

  3. If the processing time takes longer than normal, about 6 to 8 months for Fiance(e) visa petition, you can file for an eRequest stating that the case is outside normal processing time

Flow Chart Guide for Fiance(e) Visa