K2 is a visa for the unmarried minor children of the fiance(e) of a US citizen.
Who can Apply for a Fiance(e) Visa
- US citizen petitioner
- The US citizen petitioner and alien fiance(e) have to marry within 90 days of the foreign fiancé(e) entering the United States.
- Petitioner and fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
- Petitioner and fiance(e) must have met in person, at least once within 2 years of filing the petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
- If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of petitioner or fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
- If petitioner can prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship.
There are different steps in applying for a Fiance(e) visa:
- Fiance(e) Visa Guide
- Estimated Cost for Filing a Fiance(e) Visa
- What to Do While Waiting for Visa to Get Approved
- Pay Visa Fee and Interview Appointment
- Medical Exam at St. Lukes
- Preparing for the Interview
- CFO Requirements
- Preparing to Travel to USA
- What to Do After Arriving in USA