Applying for NBI Clearance in the Philippines
NBI Clearance is one of the mandatory identification requirements in the Philippines. It is a proof that an individual is cleared from any criminal offense or derogatory records.
Here are the step-by-step guide on how to get the NBI Clearance whether you are in or outside the Philippines.
- Go to the NBI Clearance Website
- Fill out form
- Set-up an appointment
- Make payment through any one of the following:
- Online banking
- Over-the-counter bank payment
- Over-the-counter non-bank payment (Bayad Center, LBC, Robinsons Department Stores)
- ATM & Debit cards
- Mobile payment systems>
- Receive registration code or reference number. This will serve as gate pass to NBI Clearance centers
- Biometrics and picture-taking
- Printing of NBI Clearance
Applying for NBI Clearance outside the Philippines
- Call the nearest Philippine Embassy
- Request for a Fingerprint Card Form to be sent to you by mail.
- Fill out the Fingerprint Card Form.
For married women, please write your name in the following order: maiden surname (father’s surname), husband’s surname, firstname, and maternal surname (mother’s family name).
- Go to the nearest Local Police Department with the Fingerprint card, a colored 2"x2" recent photo and a valid ID. Get your fingerprints in the card (rolled impression).
- Make sure that the officer/person doing the impressions, sign the card in the spaces provided and the back of the photo.
- Mail the Fingerprint card, photo and authorization letter to a relative or friend in Manila, Philippines.
- The relative or friend needs to go to the NBI Main Office in United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila
- Fee is Php 200.00 and processing is 2 days.
- The relative/friend can mail the NBI Clearance directly to you.