It is recommended to have the marriage of a Filipino to a foreign national reported and registered with the NSO through the nearest Philippine Embassy/Consulate.

Report of Marriage (ROM) is required especially if the Filipina wants to use the married name on the passport and to have a NSO marriage certificate in the Philippines.

Guide on Filing Report of Marriage

  1. Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad Form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.

  2. Cover letter, addressed to the Consular Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details SAMPLE HERE

  3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate

  4. Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife

  5. Four (4) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse

  6. For previously married Filipino spouse - four (4) photocopies of Death Certificate, Annotated Marriage Contract (for annulled) or certified true copy of Court Order or Divorce Decree

  7. Self-addressed and prepaid return envelope, if ROM is to be mailed back

  8. Processing fee of $ 25.00, payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

  9. For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S. (the US National Bank Association is not a correspondent bank), payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars, to cover cost of mailing, and a corresponding self-addressed courier’s address label. Personal checks are not accepted. For applicants who prefer to use Fedex, please make sure that the account number of the applicant/recipient is indicated in the airway bill as proof of payment.

  10. If it has been more than one (1) year since the marriage, the Philippine Embassy/Consulate might require an affidavit of delayed registration. Download form HERE

ROM Application Forms

Some of the consulates have different forms for ROM. You can download the specific form for your consulate/embassy for your home state below:

Where To File

Addresses of Philippine Embassy/Consulates