The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) gives counseling and seminars to all Filipinos who are migrating to different countries to prepare them on culture changes, give tips and other important information that they need to be able to adjust well in their destination countries.

You can attend the Guidance Counseling Seminar even before the visa interview and just come back when you already receive the visa packet to get the CFO sticker on your passport.

Steps on Getting CFO Certificate and Sticker

  1. Set-up online appointment for the seminar and provide required information

  2. Print the barcoded confirmation form on the counseling and seminar date

  3. Bring other required documents:
    1. Original and photocopy of passport
    2. Original and photocopy of visa (if already available)
    3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (if visa is already available).
      Photocopy the Immigrant Data Summary while inside the plastic packet.
      DO NOT REMOVE it from the plastic. Otherwise, you will have to return the whole visa packet to the US Embassy to be sealed again.
    4. One (1) 2x2 colored photo
    5. One (1) valid ID with photograph
    6. Payment of Php 400.00 registration fee

    For ages 13 to 19, the following additional documents are required:
    1. Photocopy of parent’s passport or valid ID, if accompanied by parent(s) during registration
    2. Letter of authorization from parent(s) authorizing the guardian to register the minor on their behalf.

    For children below 12 and over 60, they are not required to attend the seminar, but they still need to be registered.

  4. Fill out the Guidance Counseling Registration Form at the CFO Office

  5. Attend the Seminar and Counseling. The counseling is a one-on-one talk with one of the CFO personnel. He/she will ask personal questions about you and your spouse. CFO just wants to make sure that you really know your spouse before going to live in USA with him/her. The counselor might require other documents from you like:
    • Pictures together
    • Proof of termination of previous marriage(s) if any of the parties was previously married - divorce decree(s), annulment papers or death certificate
    • Birth certificate of both parties
    • Marriage certificateCall/chat/e-mail logs
  6. Get the Guidance Counseling Certificate and attach in the passport
  7. If you already have the visa packet, you can go ahead and get the the sticker on your passport. Otherwise, you can go back to CFO to get sticker once visa packet is on hand. You need to bring the whole packet to show to CFO personnel.

Locations & Contact Information:

There are two (2) CFO Offices:


Citigold Center
1345 Pre. Quirino Avenue cor. Osmena Highway
Manila, Philippines 1007
Tel No: (632) 552-4700


4th Floor, K&J Building
#4 Don Julio Llorente St.
Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000
Tel No: (63 32) 255-5253